Poultry farmers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, poultry farmers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy poultry farmers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Grain elevator worker||3.2||$35k|
|Soil and water conservationist||3.2||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are poultry farmers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do poultry farmers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as poultry farmers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are poultry farmer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are poultry farmers making the best use of their abilities?