Public relations specialists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, public relations specialists rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy public relations specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Real estate agent||3.0||$49k|
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$61k|
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are public relations specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do public relations specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as public relations specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are public relations specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are public relations specialists making the best use of their abilities?