Publicists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, publicists rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 27% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy publicists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Digital marketing specialist||3.1||$39k|
|Real estate agent||3.0||$45k|
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$60k|
|Market research analyst||2.9||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are publicists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do publicists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as publicists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are publicist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are publicists making the best use of their abilities?
Are publicists happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a publicist. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.