Purchasing managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, purchasing managers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 20% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy purchasing managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are purchasing managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do purchasing managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as purchasing managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are purchasing manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are purchasing managers making the best use of their abilities?