Rail transportation workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, rail transportation workers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 16% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy rail transportation workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
|Lawn care specialist||2.8||$37k|
|Rail transportation worker||2.8||$49k|
|Tile and marble setter||2.8||$43k|
|Product safety engineer||2.7||$91k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are rail transportation workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do rail transportation workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as rail transportation workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are rail transportation worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are rail transportation workers making the best use of their abilities?