Receptionists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, receptionists rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 7% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy receptionists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$44k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are receptionists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do receptionists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as receptionists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are receptionist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are receptionists making the best use of their abilities?