Rehabilitation counselors are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, rehabilitation counselors rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 35% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy rehabilitation counselors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$47k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are rehabilitation counselors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do rehabilitation counselors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as rehabilitation counselors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are rehabilitation counselor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are rehabilitation counselors making the best use of their abilities?