School psychologists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, school psychologists rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 35% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy school psychologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Special education teacher||3.1||$53k|
|High school teacher||3.0||$60k|
|Elementary school teacher||2.9||$58k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are school psychologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do school psychologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as school psychologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are school psychologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are school psychologists making the best use of their abilities?
Are school psychologists happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a school psychologist. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.