Traffic technicians are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, traffic technicians rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 8% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy traffic technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are traffic technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do traffic technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as traffic technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are traffic technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are traffic technicians making the best use of their abilities?