When you complete the CareerExplorer career test, you are given a list of careers ranked by what we think will be the best fit for you. Most of our users love our top 10 recommendations, but sometimes it can be difficult to settle on one final pick. This is where our career reports come in.
Each of the careers we feature has a report, which explains everything you need to know about the career. These reports start by filling you in on the essentials for each career:
- What do you do in that career?
- What's the workplace like?
- What kind of education do you need?
- What will your salary be when you start your first job? How much will it grow?
- Is there a lot of demand for the job? Will the demand increase or decrease in the future, and by how much?
Once you understand the basics, it's time to move on to a more detailed picture of why a career is a good (or bad) fit for you. Each career has a compatibility report that explains which characteristics match your personality, and which ones may cause issues.
To help keep track of which careers you like, each report has the option to rate the career. Your rating is saved in the system, so you can easily find your favourite careers in the future.