Bookkeepers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, bookkeepers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 14% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy bookkeepers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Risk management specialist||2.8||$70k|
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
|Compensation and benefits manager||2.7||$115k|
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are bookkeepers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do bookkeepers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as bookkeepers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are bookkeeper’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are bookkeepers making the best use of their abilities?