Childcare workers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, childcare workers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 49% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy childcare workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Childcare program administrator||3.2||$48k|
|Distance learning coordinator||3.2||$83k|
|Special education teacher||3.1||$53k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are childcare workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do childcare workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as childcare workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are childcare worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are childcare workers making the best use of their abilities?
Are childcare workers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a childcare worker. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.