Community health workers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, community health workers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 48% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy community health workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Community health worker||3.2||$39k|
|Physical therapist assistant||3.2||$53k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are community health workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do community health workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as community health workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are community health worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are community health workers making the best use of their abilities?