Counselors rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, counselors rate their career happiness 3.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy counselors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are counselors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do counselors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as counselors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are counselor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are counselors making the best use of their abilities?