Customs brokers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, customs brokers rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 7% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy customs brokers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are customs brokers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do customs brokers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as customs brokers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are customs broker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are customs brokers making the best use of their abilities?