Geographers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, geographers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy geographers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Soil and water conservationist||3.2||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are geographers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do geographers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as geographers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are geographer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are geographers making the best use of their abilities?