Management consultants are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, management consultants rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 49% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy management consultants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Financial quantitative analyst||3.3||$70k|
|Investment fund manager||3.2||$107k|
|Search marketing strategist||3.2||$90k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are management consultants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do management consultants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as management consultants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are management consultant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are management consultants making the best use of their abilities?