Market research analysts are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, market research analysts rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy market research analysts are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Real estate agent||3.0||$49k|
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$61k|
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are market research analysts happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do market research analysts find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as market research analysts?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are market research analyst’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are market research analysts making the best use of their abilities?