Pastry chefs are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, pastry chefs rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 46% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy pastry chefs are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are pastry chefs happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do pastry chefs find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as pastry chefs?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are pastry chef’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are pastry chefs making the best use of their abilities?