The average salary for a podiatrist in Washington is around $109,320 per year.
Podiatrists earn an average yearly salary of $109,320.
Wages typically start from $47,170.
This is 85% above the national average. Updated in 2018.
Podiatrist earnings by seniority
Approximate values based on highest and lowest earning segments.
Podiatrist salary by state
|State Name||Average Salary|
|District of Columbia||$108,950|
How much does a Podiatrist earn?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals the top paying industries for podiatrists:
- offices of physicians, where podiatrists earn $157,590/yr
- outpatient care centres, where podiatrists earn $142,620/yr
- offices of other health practitioners, where podiatrists earn $131,980/yr
- general medical and surgical hospitals, where podiatrists earn $112,170/yr
- those employed by the federal executive branch earn $103,620/yr
Podiatrist salaries will also vary according to experience (the following data is from Payscale.com):
- those with one to four years of experience earn between $62,000 to $125,000/yr
- those with five to nine years of experience earn between $74,000 and $150,000/yr
- those with 10 to 19 years of experience earn between $81,000 and $180,000/yr
- those with 20+ years of experience earn between $96,000 to $200,000/yr
Self-employed podiatrists may earn more than salaried podiatrists, but they are also responsible for the costs of running a business, such as providing benefits for themselves and employees.
How do podiatrist salaries compare to similar careers?
|Family practitioner salary||$227K|
|Naturopathic physician salary||$66K|
Source: CareerExplorer (Aggregated)