Preschool teachers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, preschool teachers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy preschool teachers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Childcare program administrator||3.2||$47k|
|Distance learning coordinator||3.2||$85k|
|High school teacher||3.0||$59k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are preschool teachers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do preschool teachers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as preschool teachers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are preschool teacher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are preschool teachers making the best use of their abilities?