Preschool teachers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, preschool teachers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy preschool teachers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Childcare program administrator||3.2||$48k|
|Distance learning coordinator||3.2||$83k|
|Special education teacher||3.1||$53k|
|High school teacher||3.0||$60k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are preschool teachers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do preschool teachers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as preschool teachers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are preschool teacher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are preschool teachers making the best use of their abilities?
Are preschool teachers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a preschool teacher. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.