Probation officers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, probation officers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 24% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy probation officers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Judicial law clerk||3.0||$54k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are probation officers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do probation officers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as probation officers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are probation officer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are probation officers making the best use of their abilities?