Project managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, project managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 36% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy project managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Human resources manager||3.1||$74k|
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are project managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do project managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as project managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are project manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are project managers making the best use of their abilities?