Risk management specialists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, risk management specialists rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 18% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy risk management specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are risk management specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do risk management specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as risk management specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are risk management specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are risk management specialists making the best use of their abilities?