What is a Security Software Developer?
A security software developer is someone who develops security software as well as integrates security into software during the course of design and development.
Experienced security software developers look at software designs from a security perspective in order to identify and resolve security issues. For each phase of the software development lifecycle, they include security analysis, defences and countermeasures so as to end up with strong and reliable software.
What does a Security Software Developer do?
A security software developer is an individual who is responsible for analyzing software implementations and designs so as to identify and resolve any security issues that might exist. In order to make this happen, a security software developer incorporates the appropriate security analysis during each part of the software creation cycle. Their main purpose is to create and maintain the security of the organization for which they work.
Security software developers could be required to:
- Create secure software tools and systems with a team of developers
- Provide engineering designs for new software solutions
- Take a lead in software design, implementation and testing
- Develop a software security strategy
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques
- Facilitate meetings to define client needs
- Participate in the lifecycle development of software systems
- Design and build prototype solutions
- Have knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software
- Perform on-going security testing for software vulnerabilities
- Consult team members on secure programming practices
- Research and identify flaws
- Remedy development mistakes
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Maintain technical documentation
What is the workplace of a Security Software Developer like?
Security software engineers can work for government agencies, non-profit organizations, and businesses. They typically work in comfortable settings, but it is sometimes a stressful job that can involve long hours and tight deadlines.
Security Software Developers are also known as:
Cyber Developer Security Developer IT Security Software Developer