Sheet metal workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, sheet metal workers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 13% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy sheet metal workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Quality control inspector||2.8||$48k|
|Sheet metal worker||2.7||$49k|
|Tool and die maker||2.7||$54k|
|Mining machine operator||2.7||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are sheet metal workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do sheet metal workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as sheet metal workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are sheet metal worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are sheet metal workers making the best use of their abilities?