Surgical technologists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, surgical technologists rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 33% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy surgical technologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$51k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are surgical technologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do surgical technologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as surgical technologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are surgical technologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are surgical technologists making the best use of their abilities?