Administrative assistants are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, administrative assistants rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 8% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy administrative assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$45k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$42k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are administrative assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do administrative assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as administrative assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are administrative assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are administrative assistants making the best use of their abilities?
Are administrative assistants happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be an administrative assistant. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.