Advertising sales agents are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, advertising sales agents rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 10% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy advertising sales agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Pharmaceutical sales representative||2.8||$82k|
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are advertising sales agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do advertising sales agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as advertising sales agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are advertising sales agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are advertising sales agents making the best use of their abilities?