Clinical psychologists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, clinical psychologists rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 41% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy clinical psychologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are clinical psychologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do clinical psychologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as clinical psychologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are clinical psychologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are clinical psychologists making the best use of their abilities?