Executive assistants are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, executive assistants rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 16% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy executive assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are executive assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do executive assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as executive assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are executive assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are executive assistants making the best use of their abilities?