Fundraising managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, fundraising managers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 20% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy fundraising managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$83k|
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$103k|
|Supply chain manager||2.8||$107k|
|Risk management specialist||2.8||$70k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are fundraising managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do fundraising managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as fundraising managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are fundraising manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are fundraising managers making the best use of their abilities?
Are fundraising managers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a fundraising manager. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.