Human resources managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, human resources managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 38% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy human resources managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Human resources manager||3.1||$74k|
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are human resources managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do human resources managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as human resources managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are human resources manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are human resources managers making the best use of their abilities?