Online merchants are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, online merchants rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy online merchants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|IT security consultant||3.2||$60k|
|Distance learning coordinator||3.2||$83k|
|Audio and video equipment technician||3.2||$44k|
|Search marketing strategist||3.2||$90k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are online merchants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do online merchants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as online merchants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are online merchant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are online merchants making the best use of their abilities?