Physician assistants are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, physician assistants rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 35% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy physician assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Magnetic resonance imaging technologist||3.1||$73k|
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$51k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are physician assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do physician assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as physician assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are physician assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are physician assistants making the best use of their abilities?