Retail managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, retail managers rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 7% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy retail managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Compensation and benefits manager||2.7||$115k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are retail managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do retail managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as retail managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are retail manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are retail managers making the best use of their abilities?