Sales representatives are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, sales representatives rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 5% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy sales representatives are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are sales representatives happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do sales representatives find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as sales representatives?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are sales representative’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are sales representatives making the best use of their abilities?