Couriers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, couriers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy couriers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$47k|
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$44k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are couriers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do couriers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as couriers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are courier’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are couriers making the best use of their abilities?