Real estate agents are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, real estate agents rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 34% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy real estate agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Real estate agent||3.0||$49k|
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$61k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are real estate agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do real estate agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as real estate agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are real estate agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are real estate agents making the best use of their abilities?