Recruiters are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, recruiters rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 13% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy recruiters are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$47k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are recruiters happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do recruiters find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as recruiters?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are recruiter’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are recruiters making the best use of their abilities?