Switchboard operators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, switchboard operators rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 12% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy switchboard operators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$45k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
|Hazardous materials removal worker||2.6||$42k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are switchboard operators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do switchboard operators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as switchboard operators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are switchboard operator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are switchboard operators making the best use of their abilities?
Are switchboard operators happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a switchboard operator. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.