Marketing managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, marketing managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 40% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy marketing managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Human resources manager||3.1||$74k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are marketing managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do marketing managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as marketing managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are marketing manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are marketing managers making the best use of their abilities?